customise

http://android.modaco.com/topic/318375-how-to-manual-mod/page__view__findpost__p__1412214
customise

ring delay
The ring delay was getting me very frustrated, as I would only find out who was ringing on the 4th-5th ring. These tweaks below will eliminate the ring delay. But I still find a delay for the contact/number coming up by the 3rd-4th ring.

add/edit these lines in /system/build.prop
# disable ring delay
ring.delay=1000
ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=1000


market fix
add the following lines and remove/comment out the corresponding lines, in /system/build.prop
# fix market apps
ro.build.description=passion-user 2.1-update1 ERE27 24178 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.1-update1/ERE27/24178:user/release-keys


wifi fix
This should stop the wi-fi scanning continously. When I want, I can do a manual scan.

add/edit these lines in /system/build.prop
# time between known AP scans in seconds
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=300


low battery
add the following to /system/build.prop
ro.config.lowbattery_shutdown=0
ro.config.hw_lowbattery_charge=0


This hasn't really eliminated the low-battery warnings, or the shutdown when battery is low. But, I suppose, I'm no worse off...

launcher
I discovered HelixLauncher while hunting for smaller and faster launchers. Neither launcherpro nor adw fit the bill, as both are humungous in comparison. Their only seeming advantage seems to be eye-candy. And I am more concerned about efficiency in terms of space and power.

HelixLauncher at v1.2a seems to be quite stable. After using helix for sometime and not having any issues at all, I removed the default launcher Launcher.apk from /system/app/ and added helix into /system/app/. I am still looking for smaller and sleeker launchers, if anyone can suggest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

most viewed