Phasing out Arch Linux

ref: Phasing out i686 support

Arch Linux is great at what it does.. always chasing that elusive bleeding edge and providing no other choices to users. I don't want either of that, and I am now phasing out arch from my stacks.

I liked arch for a while in the past, and seriously considered migrating over from debian. That spot has been taken over now by gentoo. I like that community and their principles.

I can not completely migrate away from i686. I am also not completely convinced that systemd is better, smaller, or even faster compared to runit, openrc, etc.

I still think arch has a great community, and the arch wiki is one of the best in appearance & contents, and I might continue to participate or lurk there. The gentoo community is very helpful too and growing on me, but the gentoo wiki is disappointing in comparison.

Whatever happened to The Arch Way? I still highly cherish that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

most viewed